Sunday, August 3, 2008

A mArEk ViSiT!!

What a great weekend! It was so good to see our wonderful, precious friends, the Marek's, who came for a visit! We had such a great time visiting and playing with them! We had some other friends over Saturday night, grilled out and played the Wii!

It is always sad to see them go:(. I do not know what we are going to do when they move back home to Texas:(. We love you guys and thanks again so much for coming and making our weekend! You are more special than you know!!!! My house feels so empty now....


big boy Mason...

big claire beating her daddy's soccer record...

sweet children...

Megan focusing...

Good tree pose Rhett! Great Job!

Julie, Phil and baby Caroline...(coming soon!)

"Fordy"

the 'perfect dog' Jake!

boys will be boys... Cole will teach Nathan this one day:)

Marco...Polo with Uncle Phil

Uncle Rhett and Cole intently watching the Wii

The Grill Master

"The Guys Hangout"


"My girls"
Julie (and caroline), Me, Shan (and baby boy), and Megan

Beautiful Shan!

Sunday afternoon wrestling...

7 comments:

Pope Family said...

looks like yall had a great weekend, fun times!!! friends are a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. I know that Brock and Gracie were worn out after all the partying and company.

Stephanie Drew said...

you've moved??? email me your new address...and tell me when i can come see the house! it looks beautiful!

Megan said...

Things I learned on Saturday night:

1. I secretly want a Wii
2. I need to get Claire signed up for soccer
3. I should go skiing more often because, well, I'm awesome.
4. Rhett should consider yoga as a hobby
5. I have considerably better balance on my right foot than my left
6. laughing with good "old" friends is good for your soul

Things Claire learned on Saturday night:

1. How to spit
2. How to climb through a doggie door
3. That falling into the potty is no fun but it's ok because Aunt Shannie does it all the time

We had a great time! Now that you are settled into your awesome new home we expect to receive regular invites to hang out! (and play the wii).

Shelley said...

What fun!! Oh how we miss all of you! ONE day we will get back that way to visit! ...for now, I will continue to look at pictures on your blogs!

Love,
Shelley, Chris and Addison

Shanan & Shannon said...

Yes Megan, falling in the potty is Okay...especially when your dad comes to visit and leaves the toilet seat up...not a battle that my mom fought but a battle that I won in my household! The weekend was terrific and we miss you guys already. Somebody once told me that there is "just something about friends with history." Whatever that "something" is, it's definitely true. You guys mean the world to us and we appreciate you opening your home to our chaos. The doggie door was a great toy and Cole looks forward to returning...not just to see the dog door, but because he already misses his Uncle Casey & Aunt Stephy (and he never leaves out poor Brock Benson!). Thank you again for your hospitality and sorry Megan, that Claire went home with some bad/un-princesslike habits.

Poppy said...

I am sure it is nice to have a larger home to entertain your friends. Looks like you guys had a great time. Love, Poppy