Saturday, March 6, 2010

Early Christmas present!

Well, after Hawaii we came home to a new world. We came home to a new baby! We returned home from our vacation on a Sunday afternoon and went to bring our new son home on Tuesday! We were not real sure what was happening. It all happened so fast and we were just going with it. The day we brought Cooper home was not at all how I pictured it. We just drove down the road, got our son (whom we just met), then drove home to introduce him to family. Talk about weird! Never dreamed, first, that is would be that easy and, second, that we would ever do that. Talk about an "out of body experiment"....

Cooper has been home now for almost three months now. He has been such a joy. When I say he is an easy baby, I am not just saying that... HE IS!!! Ask anyone who has been around him... some people have never even heard him cry. He has such a laid back personality. He is eating well (when he is not recovering from the stomach virus), sleeping 11-12 hours at night and on a great schedule during the day. We know how blessed we are!!! :)

Below are some pics of the first few weeks with him. He has now learned what the camera is and that his mommy always has it with in hands reach....

Holding him for the first time....

Christmas was very different this year....


sweet baby face....

sweet feet...


more updates to come....

7 comments:

Shelly said...

I absolutely loved reading this update and seeing pictures of your son! He is so precious! You have been in my prayers over the years and I am glad one son is in your arms. Still praying Nathan home!

Shelly
Mama to Drew who was at Eagle's Nest

cqmitchell said...

Stephanie,
Wow! God is so Good and has perfect timing. Cooper is beautiful and I know you are a great mother to him. I would love to see Cooper and help encourage you with the 4 Africans who are living with Rick and I. We are learning to live a global lifestyle. Thanks so much for the pictures.
Lisa and Rick Mitchell
(we took Nathan gifts to the EN for you)

Amy said...

What a beautiful family! Cooper is so very precious.

We continue to pray for Nathan to be able to come home to you all.

JANA said...

He is precious! Words can't express how happy I am for you guys! Hopefully Nathan will come home soon also!

Jana Gallego

Sara said...

I loved seeing pictures of Cooper, what a cutie! Sounds like you are savoring every moment and we all couldn't be more thrilled for you. Continuing to pray Nathan home to join you. CONGRATS!

Unknown said...

Congratulations again, and we are so so so happy to see Cooper home with his Mommy and Daddy. God has very big plans for this beautiful boy. Hope to see you all soon!

Chris, Nichole & Colby! said...

He is beautiful!!! He has wonderful parents! Congrats again..