Sunday, July 8, 2007

Miami, FL

We went to Miami for a conference/awards ceremony with Southeastern Electric Exchange June 26-29th. Casey accepted the Chairman's Award for a project he worked on with Mississippi Power after Hurricane Katrina. I was very proud of him when he accepted his award. It was the award of all the awards! I am so glad I was able to go and be at the ceremony. I will post some pictures from the awards ceremony after we get them from the company.

We stayed at the Doral Golf and Spa Resort which was really nice. All I did was lay by the pool while Casey was in the conference. At night we went to a couple of dinners with some vendors which were nice. The best was at The Vizcaya, a place that James Deering built in the early 1900's. Below are some pictures posted of that event. We will definitely go back there and visit if we are ever back in Miami. It was an beautiful place- a photographers dream!!

One thing we discovered is that there are lots of large lizards in Miami, or at least at the Doral Resort. We saw them everywhere. One tried to even attack me at one point, leaping towards me with his mouth wide open.

It was a nice trip to get away and relax, except for the flying- no relaxing there.
Now I am ready for a real vacation!!


Doral Resort


Golf Coarse

Relaxing by the pool

Abnormally large lizards

The Lagoon and Waterfall
Dinner at The Vizcaya












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Casey look great! I love all the pictures. Miami is beautiful.