Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, Our Memorial Day weekend was off to a good start. We got up to my Grandparent's lake house on Smith lake in Cullman around 3pm on Friday afternoon. We got my dad's boat in the water and tried out the new wakebaord that we got my Dad for his birthday that evening and really liked it. Brock was loving the lake, but not wanting to get into the water.

Saturday, more family arrived to the lake and we were enjoying the day and the beautiful lake. We going to end the day with one more trip out on the wakeboard. I was the last to go out for the evening. As I was getting familiar with the new board again for the only the 2nd time, I crossed the wake and fell, not thinking to much about the fall. When I tried to roll myself over with the board, I felt severe, sharp pain in my left hip. As the boat came back around to me, I yelled for help and three jumped into my rescue. After a long process and through severe pain, they got me back to the lake house by keeping me flat on a kneeboard.


Because I could not situp, walk or move without any severe pain, we decided to called the ambulance to transport me to Cullman Regional ER where they pretty much told me nothing, other than I had not broken bones, and sent me home.


So, to make a long story short.. Our weekend was cut short. I am feeling better. Not 100 % yet. I still have to get to a doctor this week. I am able to walk around now by myself with little pain.


I hate to say it, but I think I am officially retired from wake boarding.












































1 comment:

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

I HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER!!!