Sunday, September 7, 2008

Yo amor Guacamole!!




Does anyone else love guacamole as much as I do????? I use to stay away from it thinking it looked like, well let's be honest, snot! Casey talked me into trying it one day and now he probably regrets it because it is causing him a small fortune when we eat at a Mexican restaurant! I LOVE GUACAMOLE!!!!

I do not think anyone really understands my passion for this food. I tried explaining to Casey how much I love it. I told him that if I were left on earth with only one food to live off of that I could choose, I would choose guacamole! REALLY, I would!! I do not even have to eat chips with it:) Does anyone else love it as much as me??? He and my friend, Shan, think I am a little crazy and maybe different because of this. We all know I am different, but there has to be others like me, right?!?!

As I type, my belly is full from steak taco's and guacamole;) Since we moved we have been trying all the different Mexican restaurants close to us, but know one has yet to beat the old Habanero's! It will always be my fav!

7 comments:

Shanan & Shannon said...

Nope, sorry, you are on your own this time. You are weird and are going to turn an ugly color of green if you aren't careful! Or maybe it's a pretty color because I'm sure the bathroom we just painted is guacamole green! I think Casey should be a little concerned about this love affair you are having...after all Casey, she said she would be content if it were just her and Sr. Guacamole ruling the earth!!! Stay away from me Sr. G, you are not welcome in my belly!

Julie and Philip said...

I am right there with you, Steph. It is definitely one of my favs! I can eat it without chips, too... ok, now I am going to have to get some guacamole soon! :)

Stephanie Drew said...

okay, i have to be honest - i've never tried it. i think i would like it, maybe, but the look of it makes me sick. kind of like refried beans. there is nothing remotely appealing about them. maybe i'll break down and try it one day. if it goes well, you'll be a hero. it it goes bad...well, you know what they say about payback. it comes twofold. :)

Megan said...

I have serious affection for guacamole too. Not the "Guacamole dip" some try to substitute for the yummy real thing. I'm just a big fan of avacados in general but especially in guacamole form. I will agree with Shanan that your enthusiasm may be a little over the top. I was a little surprised how genuinely excited you were when I brought some of the green stuff to your house a few weeks ago. At least you are easy to please! Let's go get some guac and chips soon (we can just get you a spoon!)

Dave and Carrie Tyson said...

I'm gonna have to say, no. Sorry friend. I can't bring myself to it. I have tried it in Spain, in Mexico, and at all sorts of Mexican rests. but I just do not like green eggs and ham...I mean guacamole.
Now if it was the only food left on earth, I would learn to like it. =)
Maybe Nathan will be able to change my mind.

Chris and Karrie said...

okay, I absolutely LOVE guacamole! Especially from Habeneros. The Indonesians do have a drink here it's a chocolate-avacado drink. I did try it and I do have to say I just have to pass on that one. But avacado with some tomato, garlic, onions and whatever else goes in it... yum yum!

Love you!

BrandyC said...

I love it too! But I did not like until Jonathan and I had it on our honeymoon in Mexico. Something about being there, I guess. Now, I can't get enough of it.